Clinical Guidelines Portal
Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents.
- CDC. (2003, July 23).
Advancing HIV prevention: The four strategies. CDC: Division of HIV/AIDS
Prevention. Retrieved May 29, 2005, from http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/partners/ahp_program.htm
- CDC HIV and the Law - Fast Facts Accessed online 1/7/2014 http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
Detection of Acute HIV Infection in Two Evaluations of a New HIV Diagnostic Testing Algorithm — United States, 2011–2013.
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) June 21, 2013 / 62(24);489-494
- Eshleman, S; Khaki, L; et al. (2009)
Detection of Individuals with Acute HIV-1 Infection using the ARCHITECT® HIV Ag/Ab Combo Assay.
Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes 2009 September 1: 52(1)
- Karris, M; Anderson, C. (2012)
Cost Savings Associated with Testing of Antibodies, Antigens, and Nucleic Acids for Diagnosis of Acute HIV Infection.
Journal of Clinical Microbiology June 2012 vol. 50 no. 6 1874-1878
Accessed online 1/20/2014
- Lalota, M., Kwan, B.W., Waters, M., Hernandez, L.E., & Liberti T.M. (2005,
May 25). The Miami, Florida, young men's survey: HIV prevalence and risk behaviors
among urban young men who have sex with men who have ever run away. Journal
of Urban Health.
- Marks, G; Crepaz,N; et al. (2005)
Meta-Analysis of High-Risk Sexual Behavior in Persons Aware and Unaware They are Infected With HIV in the United States Implications for HIV Prevention Programs. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficency Syndrome Volume 39, Number 4, August 1 2005
- Hollingsworth, T; Anderson,R; Fraser, C. (2008) HIV-1 Transmission, by Stage of Infection The Journal of Infectious Disease (2008) 198 (5)
- Vittinghoff E, Douglas J, Judson F et al. Per-contact risk of human immunodeficiency virus transmission between male sexual partners. Am J Epidemiol 1999;150(3):306-11.
- Smith, D.K., Grohskopf, L.A., Black, R.J., et al. (2005, January 21). Antiretroviral
postexposure prophylaxis after sexual, injection-drug use, or other non-occupational
exposure to HIV in the United States. MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality
Weekly Report 54 (RR-2). U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services, CDC.
- Diagnoses of HIV/AIDS-32 States, 2000-2003. (2004, December 3) MMWR: Morbidity
& Mortality Weekly Report 53 (47): 1106+(5)
- Treatment options for HIV, AIDS. (2004 November-December). FDA Consumer
- Rich, J.L. (2004, January-February). Making Latino health a priority: lawmakers
discuss impact of HIV/AIDS on Latinos. HIV Impact: 4.
- Rich, J.L. (2004, January-February). Hip hop, Latin rock and HIV/AIDS education:
Spanish-language radio program targets youth. HIV Impact: 13.
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention. (2003, September 12). Rapid point-of-care testing for HIV-l during
labor and delivery -- Chicago, Illinois, 2002.; MMWR: Morbidity and Mortality
Weekly Report 52(36): 866-8
- Quick stats. (2005, May 6). MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report
54 (17): 439 (11).
- HIV, AIDS, & Pregnancy. (2004, January 1). Women's Health Advisor:
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention. (2004). HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, 2003 15: 1-40.
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention. (2005, May 10). HIV/AIDS among youth. Retrieved May 30,
2005, from http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/facts/youth.htm
- Stein, M., Herman, D.S., Trisvan, E. Pirraglia, P., Engler, P, & Anderson,
P.J. (2005, May). Alcohol use & sexual risk behavior among human immunodeficiency
virus-positive persons. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 29 (5): 837-43.
- Meade C.S. & Sikkema, K.J. (2005, June). HIV risk behavior among adults
with severe mental illness: A systematic review. Clinical Psychology Review
25 (4): 433-57.
- Plowden, K.O., Fletcher, A., & Miller, J.L. (2005, January-February).
Factors influencing HIV-risk behaviors among HIV-positive urban African Americans.
Journal of the Association of Nurses in Aids Care 16 (1): 21-8.
- New York Department of Public Health. (2003, November 28). AIDS/ HIV
risk reduction. Genesee County, New York Retrieved May 31, 2005, from http://www.co.genesee.ny.us/frameset.html?/dpt/publichealth/chhivrisk112803.html&1
- Sinding, S.W. (2005, March). Does 'CNN' (Condoms, Needles, Negotiation)
Work Better than 'ABC' (Abstinence, Being Faithful and Condom Use) in Attacking
the AIDS Epidemic? The Alan Guttmacher Institute. Retrieved May 29, 2005,
- Alcohol abuse history could pose problems for HIV patients. (2004,
February 10). Ohio State Research News.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2008, December). Approved medications
to treat HIV Infection. AIDSInfo. Washington, DC: GPO.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2007, December). Changing my HIV
treatment regimen. AIDSInfo. Washington, DC: GPO.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2005, May). The HIV life
cycle. AIDSInfo. Washington, DC: GPO
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2007, December). Testing HIV positive:
Do I have AIDS? AIDSInfo. Washington, DC: GPO.
- Rich, J.. (2004, Janurary/February ). Hip hop, latin rock, and HIV/AIDS
education. HIV Impact: 13.
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Diagnoses of HIV/AIDS --- 33 States, 2001--2005. (2007, March 9). MMWR:
Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report 53 (56(09);189-193.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2008). Delivery options
for HIV positive women. AIDSInfo. Washington, DC: GPO.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2005, October). Side effects
of anti-HIV medications. AIDSInfo. Washington, DC: GPO.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. statehealthfacts.org. http://www.statehealthfacts.org/
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. statehealthfacts.org. HIV Name Reporting, as of May 2007
- Florida Department of Health, Division of Disease Control, Bureau of
HIV/AIDS, Patient Care Resources Section. (2003, November). State of Florida
Statewide Coordinated Statement of Need (SCSN, 2004-2006.
- Hartog, J.P. (1999, August). Florida's Omnibus AIDS Act: A brief legal
guide for health care professionals. Florida Department of Health, Division
of Disease Control, Bureau of HIV/AIDS.
- J. Greenwald. et al. (2006).A Rapid Review of Rapid HIV Antibody Tests. Current Infectious Disease Reports 2006;8:125-131. February 8, 2008, from http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/rapid_testing
- AIDS fact sheet index: laboratory tests. (2007). AIDS.org. February 8, 2008, from http://www.aids.org/factSheets/120-Laboratory-Tests.html
- HIV/AIDS program. (2005) King County Public Health. Retrieved June
1, 2005, from http://www.metrokc.gov/health/apu/infograms/hiv_std.htm
- Black Women Least Likely Among HIV-Positive People in Palm Beach County,
Fla., to Seek Treatment, Study Says. (2005, April 21). HIV News. Retrieved
June 1, 2005, from http://www.thebody.com/kaiser/2005/apr21_05/black_women_hiv.html
- Universal precautions against infectious diseases. (2005). University
of Michigan. Retrieved February 8, 2008 from http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/aha_unipre_crs.htm
- Minority AIDS initiative. (2005). Florida/Caribbean AIDS Education
& Training Center. February 8, 2008, from http://www.faetc.org/Chart_Tools/index.asp
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2005). A Glance at the HIV/AIDS
epidemic. National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention. Divisions of
HIV/AIDS Prevention. Retrieved February 8, 2008 from http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/PUBS/Facts/AT-A-Glance.htm.
- National HIV/AIDS Clinicians' Consultation Center. (2007) STATE HIV TESTING LAWS - 2007.
Retrieved February 8, 2008 from http://www.ucsf.edu/hivcntr/StateLaws/Index.html
- K. Perrin, S. Bernecki DeJoy (2003) Abstinence-Only Education: How We Got Here and Where We're Going. Journal of Public Health Policy, Vol. 24, No. 3/4 (2003), pp. 445-459
- Medscape Medical News. Abstinence-Only Programs May Not Affect Risk for HIV Infection. Retrieved February 8, 2008 fromhttp://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/561005
- AIDS. Science and society (4th edn.) Hung Y. Fan, Ross F. Conner and Luis P. Villarreal, 2004. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett
- D. Harmening.(1999). Modern Blood Banking and Transfusion Practices, 4th Edition. F.A. Davis Co. Philadelphia, PA.