Upon successful completion
of this course, the nurse will be able to:
- List factors that inhibit
the parents readiness to form parent/professional partnerships.
- Describe the three phases
of parent/professional partnerships and identify appropriate nursing approaches
for each stage.
- List effective strategies
for professionals to follow in their early interactions with parents of children
- Define criteria for determining
a childs eligibility for the early intervention system.
- Discuss eligibility criteria
that must be met in order for the child to receive special education services
through the school system.
- Identify special services
typically provided by states for children with disabilities.
- Identify the four key
components of the Turnbulls Empowerment Model, and describe nursing
implications within each component.