Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able:
1. To recognize medical nutrition goals for people with diabetes.
2. To identify the role of insulin and food sources in nutrition.
3. To discuss the rationale underlying carbohydrate counting and exchange lists.
4. To state adjustments to meal planning that should be made during an acute illness.
5. To recognize the benefits of exercise for persons with diabetes.
6. To identify methods of minimizing exercise induced hypoglycemia.
7. To state exercise safety recommendations for persons taking antidiabetes agents.
RnCeus Homepage | Course catalog | Discount prices | Login | Nursing jobs | Help
© RnCeus.com 2009