Upon completion of this course, the learner shall be able to:
- Define heart failure
- Compare the three classification systems for HF.
- Describe risk factors that predispose patients to HF.
- Describe lifestyle changes recommended for individuals at risk for heart failure.
- Describe the prevalence of heart failure.
- Discuss pharmacologic and interventional strategies used to manage the effects of cardiac remodeling caused by hypertension, atherosclerosis, asymptomatic valve disease, substance abuse, etc.