Upon completion of this course,
the learner should be able to:
- Contrast the patient services provided by hospice care with those provided by Palliative care.
- Describe the roles and functions of a hospice care team members.
- Describe the services provided under the Hospice Medicare Benefit.
- Discuss the levels of pain and their treatments often experienced by hospice patients.
- Discuss emotional, psychosocial,
spiritual and family issues related to end of life.
- Discuss the ethical foundation of the patient's right to refuse life-sustaining treatment.
- Discuss the significance of a living will, health care surrogate, and durable power of attorney for hospice patients.