Upon completion of this program the learner should be able to:
- Identify and describe five types of falls.
- List the five levels of injuries scale established by National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
- Describe the scope of inpatient fall injury and death that occurs in U.S. acute care hospitals.
- List patient characteristics that are common in patients at high risk for fall.
- Identify the major validated fall risk assessment tools used in hospitals.
- Explain the components of a falls risk program to a patient.