- Identify five of the most common transpersonal (extrasensory) experiences associated with critical illness, near death and dying.
- Describe four miscellaneous phenomena occurring near the time of death.
- Discuss research studies on the incidence, veridicality, and effects of these experiences.
- List the clinical impact of these experiences on the patient and family members.
- Describe therapeutic approaches that can assist the patient and family reconcile their
subjective and objective experiences.
- Identify key components of these experiences relevant to the medical record.