The purpose of this course is to provide nurses and healthcare providers with information about the etiology, incidence, sign and symptoms, treatment, and evidence based management of the patient with aSAH. At the end of this program, the learner will be able to:
- Define and describe the incidence of aSAH.
- Describe 3 ways in which cerebral aneurysms are classified by shape and size.
- Identify warning signs and symptoms of aSAH.
- List diagnostic criteria for confirmation of aSAH.
- Explain initial treatment options (surgical and non-surgical) for aSAH.
- List at least 5 interventions that are part of aneurysm precautions.
- Describe cornerstones of evidence based management strategies for aSAH after initial treatment.