Upon completion of this program the participant will be able to:
- Identify the legal authority from which the individual states derive the power to regulate health care within their jurisdiction;
- Define police power;
- Describe the purpose of the Nurse practice act;
- Cite the TITLE and Chapter that contains the Florida Nurse Practice Act;
- Contrast the powers and duties of the Board of Nursing with those of nursing organizations;
- Describe the role of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing;
- Define the term "Professional" as described in Florida statute TITLE XXXII, Chapter 456.001
- Differentiate the scope of practice of practical nursing from that of professional nursing
- Cite the section of Florida Administrative Code (FAC) that prescribes the procedures required of the Florida Board Of Nursing (FBON) when dealing with complaints and violations of the Nurse Practice Act.
- List 5 activities identified within the scope of "professional nursing".
- List 2 activities identified within the scope of "practical nursing".
- Differentiate the scope of practice of an "Advanced registered nurse practitioner" from that of "professional nursing".