Upon completion of this course, the learner shall be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of heart failure.
- Identify the three classification systems for HF.
- Describe assessment strategies for individuals at risk for HF.
- List prevention strategies used for hypertension, weight loss, smoking cessation and alcohol moderation.
- Apply the behavioral changes that reduce risk of HF to a patient situation.
- Describe the structural heart diseases that increase a person’s risk of HF.
- Describe the process of cardiac remodeling.
- Compare and contrast medical treatment approaches to preventing HF with surgical approaches.