Upon completion of this course, the learner shall be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of heart failure.
- Compare the three classification systems for HF.
- Describe risk factors that predispose patients to HF.
- Discuss the Renal Angiotensin Aldosterone System as a target for pharmacologic intervention.
- Discuss pharmacologic and interventional strategies used to manage the effects of cardiac remodeling caused by hypertension, atherosclerosis, asymptomatic valve disease, substance abuse, etc.
- Contrast the effects of concentric remodeling with eccentric remodeling.
This content will be reviewed or retired by 1/2019